UD Departmental links:
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Computer and Information Sciences
- Department of Applied Economics and Statistics
- Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Department of Economics
- School of Public Policy and Administration
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Center for Research in Education and Social Policy
- Department of Geography
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
On data science:
- Towards Data Science There are many good articles here on learning and doing data science.
- Medium You can select a variety of topics related to data science.
- Technical.ly This site has a lot of info on the business world, from startups to large companies. You can sign up for regular emails on specific cities.
- UD Career Center Information that is useful long before you graduate.
- LinkedIn Need we say more?
- GitHub It’s a great idea to put some project and code there to show potential employers what you can do.
- Amazon’s Data Scientist Interview Practice Problems by Terrence Shin
- Microsoft Data Science Interview Questions and Answers! by Terrance Shin
- Advice for New and Junior Data Scientists by Darrin Lim
Some consequences of big data
- New York Times Privacy Project This opinion section examines issues related to privacy, data and the internet.
- Cathy O’Neil She has had a variety of experiences, and writes about them on this site, and she has authored a best-selling book on the consequences of Ill-designed algorithms Weapons of Math Destruction.
Remote meeting and learning
- UD Coronavirus and COVID-19 Page There are announcements, FAQs for both students and faculty, and other useful info.
- Working Together When We’re Not Together by Veronica Gilrane (Google) Note that there is a link to a playbook (pdf) that is helpful.
- The Ultimate Guide to Remote Meetings in 2020 by Deanna deBara Lots of good advice here.
- The Guide To Holding Remote Team Meetings That Aren’t A Total Waste Of Time By Benjamin Brandall Nice infographic there.